From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Web Usability Roger Hudson
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:04 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: Lisa Miller; Russ - Maxdesign
Subject: source order, skip links and structural labels

FYI

Last year, Russ Weakley, Lisa Miller and I did some research into the
relevance and importance for screen reader users of page source order,
skip links and structural labels, which identify the navigation menus on
the page. The results were presented at OZeWAI in December 2005.

An article describing the research process and our findings is now
available at http://www.usability.com.au/resources/source-order.cfm

Information about Structural Labels and sample markup is available at
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/2006/01/17/about-structural-labels/

Regards
Roger Hudson