RE: [EXT] CFC: Approve ACT Rules Format 1.1 first public working draft

+1

Thanks,

Kathy

From: Trevor R Bostic <tbostic@mitre.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2023 8:17 AM
To: Accessibility Conformance Testing <public-wcag-act@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] CFC: Approve ACT Rules Format 1.1 first public working draft

+1 from me.

Regards,
Trevor
________________________________
From: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com<mailto:wilco.fiers@deque.com>>
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 9:08 AM
To: Accessibility Conformance Testing <public-wcag-act@w3.org<mailto:public-wcag-act@w3.org>>

Hey folks, After months of work and various updates, I believe we are ready for the first public working draft of the ACT Rules Format version 1. 1. Please note that the "Status of this document" section is yet to be updated. This
Hey folks,

After months of work and various updates, I believe we are ready for the first public working draft of the ACT Rules Format version 1.1. Please note that the "Status of this document" section is yet to be updated. This won't be done until the working draft is ready to go out. All changes are now merged into the editors draft, which you can find here:

- Editors draft: https://w3c.github.io/wcag-act/act-rules-format.html

In summary, this first public working draft introduced the following changes to the ACT Rules Format:

- 4. Rule Structure: Accessibility Support and Assumptions section are now subsections of Background.
- 4.4. Accessibility Requirements Mapping: Accessibility requirements are now categorized as either Conformance requirements or Secondary requirements.
- 4.8. Background: New optional Related Rules and Other Resources subsections have been added
- 4.11. Change Log: The Change Log has been renamed to Rule Versions
- 4.14. Implementations: New section has been added, including a method for determining consistency with ACT Rules
- 7. Definitions: The Outcome definition is updated to include cantTell and untested
Overall Links to W3C specifications are updated to their latest recommendation
- All changes from the previous published version can be viewed using the Editor’s draft to Rules Format 1.0 Recommendation diff link

You can use this diff to compare the two versions:
  https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https://www.w3.org/TR/act-rules-format/&doc2=https://w3c.github.io/wcag-act/act-rules-format.html

If you agree with publishing the ACT Rules Format 1.1 as the first public working draft please respond with +1. If you have any concerns with this please respond with -1, along with a clarification on those concerns and what would address them. This call for review ends on December 7th at the start of the next ACT Task Force meeting.

Kind regards,

--
Wilco Fiers
Axe-core & Axe-linter product owner - WCAG 3 Project Manager - Facilitator ACT Task Force