Re: [urgent] input from WAI Coordination Group on mobile accessibility pre-cal

sharper@cs.man.ac.uk wrote:
[...]
> I think accessibility is much bigger than disability alone and is not
> confined to the WHO definition of disability? Further, the WHO definition
> is written with quite open definitions but all in the implicit context of
> impairment - for instance there are plenty of 'activity limitations' which
> can occur which would not be considered to be a disability.

Yes, it is also worth noting that a 'happy by product' of serving the
needs of PwD is that we reduce barriers for many, many other users who
don't have disabilities. _However_ the very act of explicitly designing
for extremes ensures that the product/service/website etc will work for
users of AT _and_ these other groups.

Hence the focus on PwD is important IMO.

Cheers

Josh