Re: [for approval] Updated: Topic 3 & 4 timeline draft updated

Thanks for the ideas, Shadi. Comments below.

On 7/26/2012 1:58 AM, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> I like this timeline a lot! A few comments though:
>
> #1. I think it would be good to push back the paper deadline by one week to 23 September (at 23:59). This will give the review committees only 2 weeks for reviewing the TC4R papers (we can fork the process from then on for E2R, which will likely have more submissions).

There are benefits to having the paper deadline later. *However*, that would give reviewers only one week to review all of the papers, which could be a lot -- that is, we had intended to review all the papers to determine which papers would fit best in which of the two symposia. We could have a small group could do a preliminary skim of all submissions right away to determine which ones are candidates for TC4R, and review and discuss those first — then have later dates for review and discussion of the E2R papers.

Thoughts?

In any case, we will need to confirm availability of the small group (Chairs+ interested parties) for pretty much full-time the day or two after the paper submission deadline. (Right now it looks like I can make the time for either days in Sept. Not sure of others...)

> #2. We should add a milestone that feedback from the review committees will be required by 30 September (at 23:59). We will have to keep reminding the members that we will need their availability for review during that week, and for follow-up meetings during the week after. \

Agree to add a milestone for paper reviews, and note to send reminders ahead of time. Done.

> #3. December 10th could be an additional session for E2R depending on how many papers are accepted and how we want to design the symposium (one long teleconference vs two separate ones); this is to be decided later but good to have that option.

There was already some concern for having two symposia in two weeks (that it was too much of a burden on people's time), and I don't think we want to add a third one the week after... but good to have flexibility just in case I guess.

~Shawn