Re: RDWG: Agenda for Teleconference on Thursday 14 July 2011

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:20:09 +0200, Simon Harper
<simon.harper@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> The next teleconference is scheduled for Thursday 14 July 2011 at:
>   * 17:00 to 18:00 Central European Time (CET)

Regrets (as previously noted)

> Agenda+ Round the table introductions - each participant introduces
> themselves briefly

I'm chaals. More info at http://my.opera.com/chaals or in the archives of
this list.

> Agenda+ Revisit research topics - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki
>
> Agenda+ Evaluation as our First Topic? As discussed, this is a good
> timing to do something that would feed into the newly launched W3C/WAI
> Evaluation TF <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/eval-tf>, which in
> turn would feed into the EC Mandate 376 work on accessible ICT
> procurement. In other words, RDWG work in this field would have
> significant impact. - SH/SAZ

I think this is an important and somewhat complex topic. The
euroaccessibility group tried to tackle it a number of years ago, but when
they disintegrated I am afraid their work was largely lost - although
Giorgio Brajnik published some of the interesting stuff he did (and
continues to publish).

I'd hate to see this group just overlap with the ER group.

Another area that I think we should be looking at is games and what they
need. This really is a complex and important topic where we could
contribute, and get buy-in and publicity. Have a look at the "hit testing"
threads about canvas in the HTML5 group...

And another is looking at what TV offers today in accessibility, and where
the gaps are between it and the Web, which I think would be valuable for
the TV Web IG, who are likely to follow up in a way that many
'traditional' W3C groups don't manage.

Cheers