Re: Comments from Eval TF review

Hi Shadi,

I am very uncomfortable with the proposed text in "3.5.2 Step 5.b
Provide an Accessibility Statement (optional)".  I'm particularly
uncomfortable with the suggestion that the website owner must make a
commitment to address/respond/fix issues brought to their attention
within any specific number of (business) days as a condition of being an
"Eval TF compliant accessibility statement".  I don't think the draft
should be published with this text as it current is.

I think it would be OK to enumerate a suggested set of topics to be
addressed in an optional accessibility statement (e.g. to suggest that
an accessibility statement speak to how the website owner will respond
to issues brought to their attention), but not more than that.

Websites & companies may have accessibility statements already, and we
don't want to force them to change those statements or remove them in
order to adopt the EvalTF methodology.

Regards,

Peter

--