Re: AW: Additional Point/Question: problem centered / page centered evaluation

Hi EVAL TF,

To me, it is not at all clear what a "problem-centred" approach to web
site accessibility evaluation actually is. I would have thought that
the existence of WCAG success criteria means to check pages or
processes *across the board* to to spot and record *any* problems that
may exist, also less obvious ones. Problems become apparent only
during those checks (if they are not glaringly obvious  - but even
then, we must look out also for less obvious ones).

So I think if we want to distinguish between the common page or
page-sample pased approach and something else, this something else
would be *processes*: a particular sequence of pages, page states and
user interactions that lead to a definable result. One can focus on
those, but we should keep in mind that the accessibility of individual
pages must not be ignored over this. So a problem for any calculation
of score is how the assessment of processes can be integrated with
results from page sample checks which in my view won't simply be
unnecessary - unless you define the use of *any* page alone as a
process...

Maybe I misunderstood. Can please someone step forward and explain
what a "problem-centred" approach is supposed to mean and how it can
ensure that important barriers are not overlooked?

Regards,
Detlev

Quoting kvotis@iti.gr: