Re: updated draft Methodology for your review

Dear Shadi,

I am afraid that I will not be able to attend the whole meeting today as I
have an unavoidable appointment at  3:30.
I like the improvements to the draft, but have a few comments.

The second sentence in section 3 (Procedure to express scope) starts with
the word "On" instead of "One".

With regard to scope I feel that key functions (3.4) should come before
Complete Process (3.3) as all key functions (by definition) are important,
whereas it is possible that a complete process (such as a promotional game)
might not be.

The wording of the first sentence in 3.6 (Authorisation) should be changed
to passive voice such as "A user needs to go through an authorisation
process.."

User testing. In section 2 (Expertise Required) we say that user testing is
"strongly recommended" but in section 5.1 (Manual and machine evaluation)
the third paragraph is not so strong. I think we need something more here in
5.1 to re-enforce our desire that user testing is included, OR that the
evaluation includes the use of, or simulation of, AT such as screen readers.

Barrier recognition (5.4) will be an important element of the evaluation and
(I think) should be defined BEFORE we provide a "step by step" description
in 5.3 (Procedure for evaluation). I also think that we will need to clearly
define the difference between a barrier (such as a keyboard trap) that
prevents progress and something else that is an inconvenience, i.e. it
requires additional steps for an AT user.

Richard