ERT WG update (was: ERT WG: Agenda for teleconference on Wednesday 15 July 2015)

Hi David, all,

Apologies for the long radio silence!

Exciting work, thanks for sharing. I hope I will be at CSUN next year.

Unfortunately the WAI charter discussions are still on-going within the
W3C Advisory Committee, and there is still no news for ERT WG charter.
Until then this group will remain dormant. I hope it may be re-started
again in early 2016, specifically to focus on "test rules" for WCAG 2
conformance evaluation - as we had discussed in our last meetings. I've
also put in a CSUN paper on that topic and hope it will get accepted.

I hope to have more (better) news in the near future, to re-start ERT!

Regards,
   Shadi

On 25.9.2015 23:34, David O'Neill wrote:
> Shadi,
>
> I hope all is well. I have been very busy working on various accessibility projects. Please let me know if I am missing any of the teleconference invites, as I have not seen one in awhile.
>
> Also, I wanted to let you know I just completed the first release of an accessibility monitoring service, which I plan to present at CSUN in March 2016. Here is the extended abstract if you are interested in the topic.
>
> All the best!
>
> -David
>
> ==================
>
> American Foundation for the Blind has a long history of programs and initiatives to ensure modern technology is inclusive and considers the needs of all users, including those with a disability. One of those programs is AFB Consulting, the professional services arm of AFB that provides accessibility solutions for companies and organizations through-out the world. In the 15 years of AFB Consulting, we have learned that we can never be a single source for all the accessibility needs of our customer organizations. Organizations need access to a variety of tools and a diverse base of expertise in order to design, develop, implement and support their accessible solutions.  Our paper and presentation demonstrates how AFB Consulting has leveraged W3C standards to create a cloud-based accessibility portal featuring third-party accessibility software solutions and integrated reporting from independent accessibility consultants.
>
> The AFB Portal is an open architecture in that it was designed to integrate with solutions that embrace standards published by the W3C WCAG initiative. The specific standards include:
>
> •	W3C Evaluation and Report Language (EARL)
> •	Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) 1.0
> •	Website Accessibility Conformance Report Tool (WCAG-RT) 1.0
> •	W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)  2.0
>
> In addition, the AFB Portal is open to solutions that exchange data in XML and/or JSON format. Our paper and presentation will discuss the importance of each standard and demonstrate how the AFB Portal uses them to integrate third party solutions.
>
> The standards and interfaces will be discussed in terms of the four major components of the AAP Architecture:
>
> 1.	AAP Spider
> 2.	AAP Analytics
> 3.	AAP Feedback Loop
> 4.	AAP Report Engine
>
> The AAP Spider is a robust web crawling engine which auto-discovers the web pages found in a domain (e.g. all of the pages found at www.example.com). This is a fundamental requirement for web accessibility monitoring services. We will discuss what the W3C WAI Evaluation and Repair Tool working group has published with respect to web crawlers and examine how the AAP Spider interfaces are expressed and integrated into the AAP Portal.

> [...]

Activity Lead, WAI International Program Office
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)