Re: [for review] updated draft WAET

Dear Samuel, all,

I have sent to Shadi a new version with the following changes:

- Added more references as discussed in the last call, i.e., CSV,, ATAG
- Unified the concept of user (evaluation tool user)
- Minor editorial corrections

In regard to your suggestions, see below.

On 04/30/2014 01:52 PM, Yod Samuel Martín wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Below you may find my comments for this draft:
>
> Location: 3.1 Tool A: Browser plug-in evaluating a rendered HTML page; last
> list item
> Current wording: "developer" is used several times to refer to the users of
> this tool.
> Suggested change: change to "evaluator" or "accessibility expert" (also used
> currently)
> Rationale: First, this tool does not integrate within the development
> process, so it would better fit to other profiles (e.g. external auditors,
> etc.) Second, potential confusion between the tool developer and the end
> user who happens to be a web developer.

Accepted, but I used the term "user".

> Location: 3.3 Tool C: Accessibility evaluation tool for mobile applications
> Current wording: refers to dependence on and integration with browser; on
> the other hand, it can emulate APIs of different operating systems.
> Suggested change: refer just to different devices of a single mobile OS.
> Rationale: the nearest solution that comes to my mind with the description
> of that tool is Firefox OS desktop client (B2G desktop client), which
> emulates Firefox OS platforms through a Gecko engine. However, it is not
> able to emulate different OS (as it depends on the APIs implemented by the
> host browser, in this case it works because both happen to be Firefox). On
> the other hand, a tool might well emulate the accessibility APIs implemented
> by different platforms, however, in that case, they could not rely on a
> specific browser.

I modified slightly the wording trying to clarify the point.

> Editorial Comments:
>
> Location: 3.1 Tool A: Browser plug-in evaluating a rendered HTML page; last
> list item
> Current wording: "The tool allows to export"
> Suggested change: "The tool allows exporting"

IMHO the current wording is correct.

> Location: References [CSV]
> Current wording: reference to RFC 4180
> <http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4180.txt>
> Suggested change: not a change indeed, I would just like to bring up the
> existence of a work in progress by W3C's CSV on the Web WG on an updated
> version of CSV <http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-tabular-data-model-20140327/>

Included.

--
Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Saludos,
carlos

Dr Carlos A Velasco
   Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
   Web Compliance Center: http://imergo.com/ ˇ http://imergo.de/
   Schloss Birlinghoven, D53757 Sankt Augustin (Germany)
   Tel: +49-2241-142609 ˇ Fax: +49-2241-1442609