RE: [for review] updated draft AERT

Dear Group,

Below you may find my comments regarding the latest draft of AERT.

Previous pending comments:
------------------------------------

I have noticed a couple of comments to the previous draft
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2014Mar/0008.html> have
not been reflected in this one. I would just like to be sure they have been
consciously discarded (just in case they might have been accidentally
overlooked)

2.2.2  Automatic, semiautomatic and manual testing: clarify differences
between manual and semiautomatic tests

2.3 Reporting and monitoring: add mentions to reports superimposed on top of
content.

Content change suggestions:
------------------------------------

2.1.1 Content types, Resources with other proprietary or open source formats
Suggested change: "Embedded controls and applications" would be a more
precise definition.
Rationale: "Other proprietary and open source formats" is a too broad
concept that would encompass formats quite far from current examples (Flash
and Silverlight). Or, if the term is kept, then the examples could be
adapted so as to cover a broader variety. In any case, all the other formats
I come up with are already covered by either this definition (Java, ActiveX)
or previous items (SVG, MathML, SMIL).

2.1.7 Authentication
Suggested change: add at the end of the last paragraph "The tool may also
support the use of different credential for different parts of a web site."
Rationale: this was considered some time ago in the discussions (Carlos,
correct me if I am wrong, imergo supported that indeed), but it has not been
reflected anywhere. With the current document structure, it would naturally
fit there.

2.1.9 Crawling
Suggested change: change "a maximum depth level in the URL" to "a maximum
recursion level in the crawling process".
Rationale: when I suggested adding the filters, that was what I meant with
"after a number of levels" in my previous comment, sorry if I did not
explain myself.
For sure, if you consider "maximum depth level in the URL" also makes sense
with another meaning, I would rather clarify it than remove it.

2.4.1 Workflow integration
Suggested change: Expand each of the items with definitions of the feature
in that context. For instance
- Plug-ins or extensions in web browsers. Tools that integrate with web
browsers may delegate on it the retrieval and rendering of the evaluated web
content, effectively having as test subject whichever content the evaluator
is browsing at that moment. They may also present the evaluation results
through the web browsers viewport.
- Plug-ins for Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). Tools that
integrate with IDEs extend their typical capabilities to report coding
errors so as to include accessibility evaluation as well.
- Plug-ins for Content Management Systems (CMS). Tools that integrate with
CMSs may evaluate the templates hosted by the CMS. They may also embed
accessibility evaluation within CMS editing tools.
- Stand-alone tools (desktop, mobile apps, online tools).
etc.

Rationale: provide details to explain the implications of supporting the
feature.

Editorial changes:
---------------------

2.1 Test subjects and their environment, introduction to section, last
paragraph)
Suggested change: change "elements" to "components" in "the rendering of a
web resource implies the manipulation and storage  of many other elements
associated with it,"
Rationale: Consistency with the change of terminology that has been
introduced in the following sentence.

2.1.1 Content types, Other document formats
Suggested change: remove "was" from "and was later on standardised by ISO"
Rationale: grammatical consistency with the rest of the sentence

2.1.5 Content negotiation
Suggested change: undo the addition of "or by an Uniform Resource Locator (
URL  )"
Rationale: it would be redundant, as a URL is  a type of URI, and thus they
are already covered by the reference to URIs in the same paragraph.

Hear you later!

Regards,

Samuel.