RE: [for review] updated draft WAET

Dear all,

Below you may find my comments for this draft:

Location: 3.1 Tool A: Browser plug-in evaluating a rendered HTML page; last
list item
Current wording: "developer" is used several times to refer to the users of
this tool.
Suggested change: change to "evaluator" or "accessibility expert" (also used
currently)
Rationale: First, this tool does not integrate within the development
process, so it would better fit to other profiles (e.g. external auditors,
etc.) Second, potential confusion between the tool developer and the end
user who happens to be a web developer.

Location: 3.3 Tool C: Accessibility evaluation tool for mobile applications
Current wording: refers to dependence on and integration with browser; on
the other hand, it can emulate APIs of different operating systems.
Suggested change: refer just to different devices of a single mobile OS.
Rationale: the nearest solution that comes to my mind with the description
of that tool is Firefox OS desktop client (B2G desktop client), which
emulates Firefox OS platforms through a Gecko engine. However, it is not
able to emulate different OS (as it depends on the APIs implemented by the
host browser, in this case it works because both happen to be Firefox). On
the other hand, a tool might well emulate the accessibility APIs implemented
by different platforms, however, in that case, they could not rely on a
specific browser.

Editorial Comments:

Location: 3.1 Tool A: Browser plug-in evaluating a rendered HTML page; last
list item
Current wording: "The tool allows to export"
Suggested change: "The tool allows exporting"

Location: References [CSV]
Current wording: reference to RFC 4180
<http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4180.txt>
Suggested change: not a change indeed, I would just like to bring up the
existence of a work in progress by W3C's CSV on the Web WG on an updated
version of CSV <http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-tabular-data-model-20140327/>

Regards,

Samuel.