Re: OAA and EARL

Hi group

Michael A Squillace schrieb:

> We would like to know whether or not the ERT WG would be open to permitting
> the serialization of EARL reports in JSON (and possibly other formats),
> leaving the RDF as the modeling mechanism for the vocabulary.

I don't see any problems in permitting the serialization of EARL reports
in JSON, as long as this has no requirements on the EARL structure. The
EARL Schema spec mentions other serializations besides RDF/XML. The only
problem could be that the tools producing EARL/JSON would not be
conforming "EARL 1.0 Core Producers" according to section 4.2 of the
EARL Schema spec if they can't do RDF/XML. But that's their problem :-)

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT