Re: update #2 on [comments on 28 April Working Draft of EARL Schema]

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:

> Diego Berrueta wrote:
>> 2) It is not clear whether the conformance requirements must take into
>> account the RDF(S) semantics. For instance, is the following report
>> valid wrt requirement 2?
>>
>>     ex:assertion rdf:type ex:MyAssertionClass .
>>     ex:MyAssertionClass rdfs:subClassOf earl:Assertion .
>>
>> Strictly speaking, there isn't any earl:Assertion in the report.
>> However, RDF(S) Semantics dictate that the triples above entail
>> (ex:assertion, rdf:type, earl:Assertion), thus making the requirement
>> pass.
>>
>> We suggest to explicitly clarify whether the RDF(S) entailment rules
>> must be applied before checking the conformance rules.

I think they must be applied.

> I think that part of the issue is that we use the wording "referenced
> by", and point to specific classes. For instance:
>
> * "Every Assertion must have exactly one Assertor (referenced by
> earl:assertedBy)"
>
> Here an attempt at refining this wording (as suggested by Diego):
>
> * "Every Assertion must have exactly one Assertor (an Object of
> earl:assertedBy)"
>
> Is this correct, and is it what we want?

With RDFS (domain and range), every resource being used as a subject in
a triple with an earl:assertedby predicate is an earl:Assertion; and
every resource being used as an object in this triple is an
earl:Assertor. Is it sufficient to say that we want at least one triple
with an earl:assertedBy predicate?

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT