Re: Review of schema and specification

Michael A Squillace schrieb:
> Group:
> Attached pls find updates to both the RDF schema for EARL 1.0 and to the
> specification document. Most of my changes, as discussed on last week's
> call, were confined to fixing typographical errors or small grammatical
> repairs in the specification. (I made no changes to the RDF.) I have only
> two minor comments/questions:
>
> 1. specification
> Someone pls look over the namespace list in section 1.2, document
> conventions. For instance, the DC terms namespace given is
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/# but the namespace given at
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/ is
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-namespace/. Also, we do not list the
> dct namespace, which we reference in the specification.

The document at <http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/> has a lot
of references to <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> which includes:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://purl.org/dc/terms/">
   <dcterms:title xml:lang="en-US">DCMI Namespace for metadata terms in
the http://purl.org/dc/terms/ namespace</dcterms:title>
   <rdfs:comment>To comment on this schema, please contact
dcmifb@dublincore.org.</rdfs:comment>
   <dcterms:publisher xml:lang="en-US">The Dublin Core Metadata
Initiative</dcterms:publisher>
   <dcterms:modified>2008-01-14</dcterms:modified>
</rdf:Description>

So the "canonical" namespace URI for Dublin Core Terms (usually prefixed
with dct) seems to be <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>.

The "canonical" namespace URI for the Dublin Core Metadata Element Set
(usually prefixed with dc) seems to be <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
   <dcterms:title xml:lang="en-US">DCMI Namespace for the Dublin Core
Metadata Element Set, Version 1.1</dcterms:title>
   <rdfs:comment>To comment on this schema, please contact
dcmifb@dublincore.org.</rdfs:comment>
   <dcterms:publisher xml:lang="en-US">The Dublin Core Metadata
Initiative</dcterms:publisher>
   <dcterms:modified>2008-01-14</dcterms:modified>
</rdf:Description>

> 2. RDF Schema
> Do we need the OWL namespace declaration anymore since we no longer use
> OWL?

It's not used. So, no, we don't need the declaration.

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT