Re: [HTTP-in-RDF] sub-class approach for methods?

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> Johannes Koch wrote:
>> Hi group,
>>
>> in EARL we defined the outcome values as sub-classes of
>> earl:OutcomeValue, and the test modes as sub-classes of earl:TestMode.
>>
>> Should we use the same approach for the methods and status codes in
>> HTTP-in-RDF?
>
> I believe this would be in-line with the comments from AWWSW:
>  - <http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswHttpVocabularyInRdfComments>
>
> If so, then maybe this is indeed the better way to go...

Well, what they suggested is to create sub-classes for the status code
groups, e.g.

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="#StatusCode3xx">
   <dc:title xml:lang="en">Redirection</dc:title>
   <dc:description xml:lang="en">A status code starting with
3</dc:description>
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2008/http#StatusCode"/>
</rdfs:Class>

They did _not_ suggest du make every status code into a sub-class of
StatusCode.

I still find it somehow ugly to create a sub-class for something that is
really only _one_ instance of a class. Or do we expect to have more
instances of a class bla:StatusCode404 or earl:Passed?

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT