RE: Pointer Methods draft

Hi Johannes,

> De: public-wai-ert-request@w3.org [mailto:public-wai-ert-request@w3.org]
> En nombre de Johannes Koch
>  From reading the document I can't see a difference between the
> XPathPointer and XPointerPointer.
>
> The examples look quite similar.

I think the difference between both classes is clear, one is for XPath expressions and the other for XPointer ones, so I presume that you mean the examples are too similar and don't help to easily distinguish between both.

I can change it, but IMO the problem here is that XPointer extends the syntax and semantics of XPath and adds new locations (and syntax) for fragment identifiers, so we could consider XPointer a superset of XPath and use XPointerPointer also for XPath expressions.

Taking into consideration the previous statement, we may also consider merging both classes into a XPathXPointerPointer or something like that.

> The XPathPointer example points to the first img element that is a child
> of the div element with id attribute value "header", which is a child of
> body element which is a child of the html element being the root element
> in a document to be found at http://example.org/doc1.html.
>
> But how should I read the XPointerPointer example?

Exactly the same way.

Regards,
 CI.

Carlos Iglesias