Re: Summary of comment on Mobile OK Basic draft

Carlos Iglesias schrieb:
> 2.3.3 HTTP Response
>
> "If an HTTP request fails for any reason during a test (network-level error, DNS resolution error, non-HTTP response, or server returns an HTTP 4xx or 5xx status), the test outcome should be considered FAIL"
>
> When not reaching the server it should be a not tested instead a fail (e.g 5xx server errors).

Why is 5xx is mentioned here?

> When the server returns 4xx or 5xx the result of the test should not fail, because otherwise the website as a hole could never be Mobile OK compliant (e.g. you can always make a request that will produce an 404 and thus a fail)

> 2.4 CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT
>
> "If the response specifies an Internet media type that is not "text/css", "image/jpeg" or "image/gif", FAIL"
>
> Why are image/png or application/svg+xml not included in DDC (default definition context)?

It's default _delivery_ context.

> 3.15 OBJECTS_OR_SCRIPT
>
> "If the value of the href attribute begins with the "javascript:" scheme, FAIL"
>
> At least, href attributes with "#" value should also fail.
> A wider definition which discourages not valid href values in general would be desirable.

Again: what is 'not valid'? According to XHTML (DTD validity), the value
of href attributes is just CDATA. According to the specification prose
it must be a URI. Do we propose to use only URI schemes registered with
IANA?

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)