RE: unkown testing mode (was Re: Updated EARL 1.0 Schema Editors' Draft)

Hi,

See below...

> >> Do we have an "unknown" mode?
> >
> > No, we haven't. But IMO the current earl:mixed definition is more
> > close to this non-existen unknown mode. What I want is to
> avoid people
> > reading the definition and thinking "OK, this means unknow"
> > because there is an essential difference:
> >
> > Unknow --> No idea how the test where performed (only tools, only
> > humans, tools and humans...) Mixed --> The test was performed by an
> > unknow combination of Agents AND Tools (sorry, ignore the
> "OR" in my
> > (human and tools) where involved.
> >
> > Additionally maybe we should add explicity an earl:unknow
> mode (based
> > on the previous definitions)
>
> We've had this discussion before. If the test mode is
> *really* unknown, then it the (optional) property should be
> simply left out from the assertion (tools can still look into
> the required assertor class and try to deduce anything they can).
>
> Do you insist on an earl:unknown value for the test mode?

I remember the discussion in the past, but the recent discussion and
some feedback from the University of Oviedo make me think about the
necessity of explicitly include the earl:unknown to avoid confusion (if
there is an "unknown" mode nobody is going to think that "mixed" really
means "unknown" whatever the wording we use)

Anyway, with a new wording I can live without earl:unknown if others
think it's OK as is.

Regards,
 CI.