Re: WCAG 2.0 Conformance Claims

Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> A stylesheet is not a Web unit but an "authored unit", and when it is
> "intended to be used as a part of another authored unit", it is an
> "authored component"
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixA.html#authored-componentdef).
>
> Conformance claims apply to Web units, not to authored units. So if a
> Web unit within the scope of your conformance claim uses a CSS that is
> outside the scope of your conformance claim, my understanding is that
> the conformance claim applies to the Web unit *with" the CSS (but not to
> the CSS in isolation).

Let's make it a little more complicated :-) As Carlos Iglesias quoted, a
Web Unit is

   "A collection of information, consisting of one or more resources,
   intended to be rendered together, and identified by a single Uniform
   Resource Identifier (such as URLs)".

Let's consider an HTML document with various linked stylesheets, one for
screen, one for print, one for projection, ... They are not intended to
be rendered (all) together. So which CSS file belongs to the Web Unit
identified by the HTML document's URL? Or are there different Web Units
for each CSS file together with the HTML document. But how do I identify
them? The HTML document has only one URL.
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)