Re: Accessibility Tests For Stanca Act

Christophe Strobbe wrote:

> At 11:10 30/03/2006, Johannes Koch wrote:
>> Well, yes. But why do you reference a transitional document type when
>> you use only markup from the strict one?
>
> - Legacy data;

Is there really legacy data referencing transitional, but only using
strict stuff? :-)

> - clean up deprecated markup without touching doctype (for whatever
> reason, e.g. save some time to fix more important things);

OK

> - allow adding deprecated attributes by means of JavaScript (so document
> is still valid with transitional DTD but not with a strict one);

Which still is deprecated markup.

> - most importantly, "avoid" in WCAG 1.0 is a guideline for developers,
> not a prohibition regarding markup (unlike WCAG 2.0, WCAG 1.0 does not
> have success criteria for content, but only guidelines, i.e. advice, to
> developers);

For me "avoid" means something like "don't use". Sounds like you think
it's not suitable to make laws etc. based on WCAG 1.0.

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)