Re: more discussion on warnings in EARL

Carlos Iglesias schrieb:
> Sorry, but I'm still not so sure. Is this the idea?
>
> E.g: [CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT] - [http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20061113/#test_content_format_support]
>
> <!-- media type test -->
> <earl:TestResult rdf:ID="result1">
>   <earl:validity rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#pass"/>
>   <dc:title xml:lang="en">Media Type test</dc:title>
>   <dc:description rdf:parseType="Literal" xml:lang="en">
>   </dc:description>
> </earl:TestResult>
>
> ... Other atomic tests involved
>
> <!-- CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT test -->
> <earl:TestResult rdf:ID="resultN">
>   <earl:validity rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL/nmg-strawman#pass"/>
>   <dc:title xml:lang="en">Content Format Support</dc:title>
>   <dc:description rdf:parseType="Literal" xml:lang="en">
>   </dc:description>
>   <earl:warning>The media type is text/html (or a more suitable message)</earl:warning>
> </earl:TestResult>

Yes. Or:

earl:TestResult rdf:ID="result1"
  |-earl:validity: earl:pass
  |- dc:title: Media Type test
  |- dc:description: text/html is an allowed, but not recommended media
type.

earl:TestResult rdf:ID="resultN"
  |-earl:validity: earl:pass"
  |- dc:title: Content Format Support
  |- dc:description: The content format support is OK

> And if the media type test is a fail

Why should it be a fail? The pseudo code specifies that the test should
not fail for text/html. I read it as an allowed (earl:pass), but not
recommended (warning) media type.

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)