Re: [ACTION] Warnings in EARL

Shadi Abou-Zahra schrieb:
> I think purists would argue that these are actually three separate
> testable criteria hiding in one shell:
>
> * CSS document validity
> * background/foreground color contrast
> * redefinition of properties

None of the last two affect CSS validity. So the warnings are of the
"PASS, but you should do better" type. All of the warnings in the
current mobileOK basic draft are also this type.

> It seems we still need a compelling example of a real warning in the
> context of EARL. We often talked about warning to describe situations
> such as "nearly-passed" or "could-do-better".

What is "nearly-passed"? A cannotTell?

> I can't think an example
> but we need one to justify this new feature.

See above.

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)