Fwd: Re: HTTP and EARL

johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>>We may EITHER
>>record { URL } OR equivalently { Connection, Request Line }
>>I'll discuss the structure on the basis of the latter, but
>>I expect people may prefer the former.
>
> [...]
>
>>  * MUST record the URL and/or connection+request line
>
> [...]
>
>>Request and Response entities are outside the scope of this note.
>
> IMHO it is not sufficient to record the URL because it does not contain
> the HTTP method. A resource can also be requested via the POST method and
> can vary with parameters sent in the request entity.

Indeed.

I'm excluding that case, because it seems to me the whole discussion
is too far from dealing with the case of *applications*.  To deal
meaningfully with POST, we have to be evaluating the entire application,
not just a results page in isolation.  And we're a very long way
from describing that.

--
Nick Kew