Re: Requirement? An "evidence" property

There are several reasons why I think that the evidence structure should
be attached to the Assertion, not associated with the test done, nor the
subject of the test.

The strongest one for me is the fact that there are different ways of
making the decision - if I have a different set of rules for deciding
whether to go out on Saturday, I can provide them seperately, or I can
just state the atomic result without justification (which is what I
usually do when I am going out on Saturday night :-)

The structure I proposed is designed to allow for an Assertion to include
a reference to the decision making process used (Karl's, or my rules, in
the example), and each item that was used in making the decision.

Nothing stops you from making a bare assertion (say, conformance to WCAG
double-A) without evidence. Many sites already do this. The point is to
provide, for cases where it is helpful, a way of tracking back to the
evidence. A use case is a site that has a monitoring program, and actually
wants tocheck where its problems with reaching a particular profile of
conformance are occurring.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org