Starting with Level 1 in HTML (was Re: teleconference on We 26 July, 2006)

At 18:04 26/07/2006, Chris Ridpath wrote:

>Christophe wrote:
>>...it seemed best to start with sufficient and failure techniques for
>>Level 1 in HTML.
>This sounds like a good plan. We could start with guideline 1.1.1 and
>create test cases for all the techniques and failures that are part of
>that guideline.
>
>I looked at the "How To Meet" document and saw the techniques and failures
>for SC 1.1.1. It referenced techniques H36, H37, H35 etc. So all we need
>to do is create the test cases for each of these.
>http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/Overview.html#text-equiv-all
>
>Is that the way that you see it?

Yes, SC 1.1.1 is a good place to start. First we review the test procedures
for those techniques, then we add (or create) test samples.
We have several sources for test samples:
- the test suite at ATRC,
- the BenToWeb test suite (more on this in a separate e-mail),
- a ZIP file with test files that were in the WCAG WG's CVS and which I
received yesterday, and
- possibly other sources that people know.

Regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe