Re: CVS output to web with CruiseControl and Ant

At 20:47 16/08/2006, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>During the telecon I promised to look into CruiseControl and Ant to check
>if they could be used to (re)generate static web pages based on the CVS
>repository content each time something on CVS changes. I found something
>on this in Chapter 3 ("Scheduled builds") of "Pragmatic Project
>Automation" by Mike Clark [1].

I forgot to mention that there is another method, with Unix shell script,
described in the article "Letting CVS pull the trigger" at
http://www.pragmaticautomation.com/cgi-bin/pragauto.cgi/Monitor/LettingCVSPullTheTrigger.rdoc

http://www.pragmaticautomation.com is also the website for the book I
mentioned.

>[1] Tip: enter "project automation" and "CVS trigger" into Google's search
>form to find the PDF version of that chapter.

The book's web page is at http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/sk/auto/ .

Regards,

Christophe

--