Re: Dropping Dr. Watson

Hi Shadi,

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:

>> - It is buggy and obsolete: it complains about lowercase HTML
>> elements, and reports XHTML documents as being erroneous.
>
> FYI, I disagree with this observation. The tool seems to be actively
> maintained and it is not up to us determine the quality of it.

Well, that is fine, probably I should not have complained about
obsolescence, but I just stated a fact (just try to check any xhtml
document, and you will get a bunch of errors like the following):

line #1: outer tags should be <HTML> .. </HTML>.
line #1: unknown element <?XML>.
line #2: unknown attribute "XMLNS" for element <HTML>.
line #2: unknown attribute "XML
line #2: unknown attribute "/" for element <LINK>.
line #2: unknown attribute "/" for element <LINK>.
line #2: unknown attribute "/" for element <LINK>.
line #2: unknown attribute "/" for element <META>.
line #2: unknown attribute "/" for element <META>.

regards,
carlos
--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT