Usability Testing first of April [was: Fwd: v2 -- Re: Tasks - Resource mapping]

On 3/7/2017 3:08 PM, Sharron Rush wrote:
> - More user testing Shawn liked this idea. In fact when we spoke
> today, we wondered if we used the current design along with a version
> of the top level IA we evolved from the card sort - Implement,
> Promote, Understand, Participate. We can arrange resources within
> these categories and see how people can find them.

Background:
* Lots of us suggest usability testing early. (ftr, I didn't think it would have been effective to do it on the current outdated website, especially given limited resources.) I think we have enough ideas now to get valuable input from UT.
* Charlotte reported on IA testing (via TreeJack) that users found it very difficult and they had a high failure rate with the draft IA and resource renaming from <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-eo-site/2017Feb/0007.html> (minor update from <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-eo-site/2017Feb/0001.html> with guidelines under Understanding Accessibility, afaik).
[side note: If there's not a separate category for Guidelines, I think they fit mostly under Implement, but is also pointed to from Understanding and Evaluate.]

Setting dates:
I can travel to Austin for UT and followup -- if we set dates so I can get decent flight costs and times. It would work best with my schedule to be in Austin Wed 5 and Thur 6 April (and possibly Tuesday afternoon).

Thoughts?

Best,
~Shawn