RE: advocate -> promote in IA top nav [was: (W3C WAI Website Redesign) IA testing update]

+1 to "Promote"

-------- Original message --------
From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: 2/28/17 10:11 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: charlotte-wise-uLFtGZuNNdLU@replies.3.basecamp.com, WSTF <
public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
Subject: Re: advocate -> promote in IA top nav [was: (W3C WAI Website
Redesign) IA testing update]

-------- Original message --------
From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: 2/28/17 10:11 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: charlotte-wise-uLFtGZuNNdLU@replies.3.basecamp.com, WSTF <
public-wai-eo-site@w3.org>
Redesign) IA testing update]

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 8:08 AM, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/22/2017 2:41 PM, Charlotte Wise (Basecamp) wrote:
>> Also, I know Judy and perhaps some others had some potential issues with
the words "Be An Advocate." If Advocacy or Advocate are not words we want
to use, does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives for a primary nav
item for this content?

> Note that one of her concerns, afaik, was that the target audience of the
policy resources would likely not look under Advocate. (Not that she had
issues with "advocate" itself! :-)

+1 ;)

> A middle-of-the-night idea (which I may or may not like later :):
>    Promote.

+1

I think that "promote" would speak clearly to most audiences i can think
of.  The clearest from my POV would be "be a proponent of" but that's
pretty long and unwieldy. "Promote" captures that in one word.

– Judy