[update on open issue] Re: WAI Site Redesign Prototype

Dear Vicente,

Thank you again for your feedback! I still have your very helpful previous message on our open issues list.

A quick explanation: As you see, we don't use the list type visually at all - we hide them with the CSS. We use the different list types in order to help screen reader users to differentiate the list levels. If we put the list types in the CSS and a screen reader user interacts with the page without CSS, then they would not benefit from the different list types. That is the reason we have not yet moved the type attribute to CSS. However, we haven't yet addressed this issue fully. Hopefully we can come up with an acceptable solution.

Warm regards,
~ Shawn