minutes Re: questions for discussion Re: ad-hoc WSTF discussion in 2 hours

notes from yesterday's meeting are below.
the irc log is at: http://www.w3.org/2005/02/07-wstf-irc.html & http://www.w3.org/2005/02/08-wstf-irc.html

> 1. see how translations fit in
> - http://w3.org/2004/09/wai-nav/intro/accessibility.php#related
> - http://w3.org/2004/09/wai-nav/References/QuickTips/Overview.php#related
> - decouple with related pages?

decision: separate Translations & Related Pages into their own sections

> 2. revisit location of related pages
> - separate section under page contents ? (e.g.,
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components) pro: if landed on wrong page

option: related links in a section at the top, under page contents
pro - related items are available without scrolling or clicking (in page link)
pro - helpful if someone is on the "wrong" page, can see other page without scrolling or clicking (in page link)
con - clutters up the top of the page. increases cognitive load

option: related links at the bottom (with in page link at top that jumps down to it)
pro - simplifies the info above the fold, limits clutter, decreases congnitive load to process infomation above the fold
con - if the related pages are important, they are more likely to be missed at the bottom

notes:
- question: How many times will the related documents be in or outside of that level of the IA that you are currently on?
- if put the related pages at the top, could set "rules" to limit them to pages not already visible in the navigation

> 3. discuss navigation interaction
> - current page clickable, to parent?

agreement: no way

> 4. W3C Search issues
> - set aside from others?
> - other temp solution issues?

put at bottom

> 5. changes in short names
> - How People Use the Web > How People with Disabilities Use the Web
good
> - Quick Tips to Make Accessible > Quick Tips to Make Accessible Sites
good
> - WAI Groups > WAI Working Groups???
unnecessary. primary target for this link is not newbies
> - About the WAI Site > ???
> (see unrevised drafts: http://www.w3.org/WAI/about/site.html,
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/about/usingsite.html)
try Site Help
> - Interdependent Components > ???
perhaps: How the Parts of Web Accessibility Work Together
action: shawn send brainstorms to EOWG list

> 6. task, "How do I make [forms, tables, etc.] accessible" -
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/html-techs.html

- justin concerned WCAG 1.0 HTML Techs too old. checking into.