RE: updated expand/collapse functionality for review

Dear Shadi and all:

#1. Overall functionality

  - are the "Show contents of this section" links within the text good or
should we only use headings for expand/collapse functionality?
It's fine as well, since the user can view a short introduction before
expanding the content. However, if the functionality of expansion was in the
title, he would have to fully expand in order to discover whether or not
interests him to read on.

  - is placement of expand/collapse buttons (visually icons) on <h3>s good
or should we revert to using them on the <h2>s?
It's fine that way. But I think we must change the name, because it leads to
confusion. If each h2 is a section, the h3 are the subsections. Therefore
the text should read: "Related Subsections within this resource" or "Related
resource within this section".

  - placement of "expand all" / "collapse all" buttons before or after the
table of contents?
It's fine that way. Before the table of contents.

#3. Visual design
- suggestions for any of the buttons/links styling is welcome
The bullets (symbols) from the list of contents must be different. The
current lead to confusion since the user believe that the contents will be
displayed below the link.

  - slight differences appear on different browsers; would be great if
someone can look at the CSS and propose improvements
I tested the page under Windows Vista, with browsers:
- Firefox 03/06/1915 = Good
- Safari 5.0.3 = Good
- Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.19019 = Good
- Opera 11.01 = Fatal
In Opera, the link "Show contents" disappears completely, and drop "Related
sections ..." only the icon appears. Moreover, none of the buttons work.

Another important issue that occurs on that page and other pages on the
subsite of the WAI is that the links have the same color of the headers.
This leads to confusion. Links should be clearly distinguishable from the
rest of contents. Only when a header is also a link must have the same color
as them.

I hope this can be useful,
Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo