Re: "Beyond the Demo" page

Hi,

Eric Eggert wrote:
> Hi Shadi,
>
> 2009/9/23 Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>:
>> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/demos/bad/draft/2009/tmp/offsite>
>>
>> As per the resolution to comment #11, I put together a quick draft for a
>> page to catch links to pages outside the Demo; comments are welcome.
>>
>> Eric, could you please do your magic for the following (CSS) issues:
>>  #1. add left spacing before the "Home"-tab
>
> Just add class="first" to the first li in the navigation :)

OK works, thanks.

>>  #2. change the text color (gray to black)
>
> I guess we will need another container for the text as the text color
> is on purpose, I suppose… I will have a look into it next week.

Thanks.

>> Also, do we want to generate this page in the same way that the other pages
>> are generated (with header/footer etc.)? Note: also the "beyond the demo"
>> page of the before site needs to be accessible.
>
> I’d question if we need the navigation there at all, you are posting
> all links there anyway. I’d even prefer some real difference in
> design, like an alert or information window style just so that the
> visitors of the demo really know what is going on.
> If we reuse the navigation this looks very similar to a 404 page with
> a site map. We should make clear that there is actually no error.

The point about a difference in the visual design and 404 analogy makes
sense. At the same time, I'd like to keep the navigation bar (the tabs)
on all pages (even on the meta-pages) for consistency (people should be
able to instantly recognize that they are still on the Demo).

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Thanks,
   Shadi