Re: comments #33 and #42

hi shadi, hi badies,

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:

> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/demos/bad/draft/2009/comments>
>
> #1. Could you please confirm that comment #33 is now resolved? We are
> not sure if Eric has addressed all validation errors.

confirmed. no more validation errors. thanx eric!

> #2. What is the status of comment #42, ideally we could close it this
> week (so that we can freeze the code).

i have not forgotten this action item. unfortunatly this is a browser
issue in safari and chrome (based on safari's rendering engine), even in
the newest chrome 3.0. i only know about this on windows.

liam and his company have proposed a work around solution for this.
http://www.communis.co.uk/blog/2009-06-02-skip-links-chrome-safari-and-added-wai-aria

i would recommend not to use the solution for the BA-demo. it introduces
some javascript to work around a minority-browser bugfix (nothing
against minorities ;-)). but it does not make our example easier to read
and clearer to understand.

so my recommendation is to set the status of this issue to WONTFIX.

cheers, michael

--
Michael Stenitzer     | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions KG
t: +43 (650) 9358770  | proschkogasse 1/5 | 1060 wien