Re: Headers and Templates merged

Hi Eric,

Eric Eggert wrote:
>> - corner gifs are missing from page border
>
> That was a deliberate decision as they added clutter in the markup and
> slowed down the site because of the extra page requests at minimal
> impact to the visual experience – the shadow looks unnatural anyway. I
> can have a look into it, but won’t promise a fix until wednesday, if
> it’s that important.

Back then, the designer thought it was *really* important to have those
utterly important corners ("give me my pixels, sucker" he said *grin*).

Happy to discuss but not really urgent for now...

>> - "full story" and "read more" links are broken (should go to News page)
>
> That is because server configurations are not the same. /index ist
> treated as a directory here, on the w3 server that is treated like a file.

Right, I noticed this difference and was wondering. So the links will
work when these pages are finally uploaded on the W3C server?

Thanks,
   Shadi