Re: well known URI proposal

Hi Shawn, all,

Sadly I wasn't able to make the call today, apologies, but this (or rather something very related) is something that APA, and specifically Adapt TF, have been looking at—we're actually about to arrange a call at TPAC with the WebAppSec WG who originated the "Well-known URL for changing passwords" spec [1] to talk about it. We should have as many of you in that call as possible (let me know whom we should add to APA's invite request, or we can at least keep WAICC updated).

There are two related problems to this original work that we felt could be solved in a similar way:

1. Making sites easier to navigate by providing well-known URLs for common site functions (as determined by COGA) such as: Login; Logout; Search; and so on.

2. Making the accessibility statement easier to discover (that's what the proposal you sent out seems to focus on).

I have been thinking of, and taking some informal advice on, various ways this might be architected, and have several thoughts on it, and how to ensure it's as efficient as possible. I think a chat with WebAppSec at TPAC would be a good way to get a read on what sort of architecture would be considered apt by those in the know.

I'll check up on the minutes with interest, and will be chatting with Janina in APA's planning call tomorrow. We definitely want to help coordinate things so that we are all working in the same direction in this exciting area, and will keep you updated with any news from our TPAC planning.

Best regards,

Matthew

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/change-password-url/

--