Re: Announcements -- please update

Hi Shawn, All:

The APA Planning call this morning confirmed for Roy that SAUR is ready
to go as a W3C Working Group Note. We're also OK with the messaging,
pending any tweaks you might want.

Remote Meetings is next on our docket. Thanks, Jason, for moving the
current draft into Shawn's wiki space. I did have some suggested edits
this morning, most of which are already picked up in Jason's draft.
Another is pending approval from Scott (down under in Perth, Australia)
overnight. We're hoping to finalize both the messaging and the document
during RQTF's call 9:00 AM Boston Wednesday. That will trigger a week
long APA Call for Consensus to publish, and give us time to review and
finalize messaging. I would expect we could publish as early as July 12.
Note I'm adding some additional days for the CfC because of the 4th of
July holliday.

Also coming from APA in July will be the Candidate Recommendation draft
of WAI-Adapt: Content Module 1.0 and an updated WD of the WAI-Adapt
Explainer. I'm expecting we can run the full process to result in CR
publication on 26 July which also happens to be the anniversary of the
ADA. Something appropriate about that! :)

There may be an additional FPWD before TPAC. RQTF has taken up an
Accessibility User Requirements for Collaborative Editing environments.
I'm not sure at this stage whether we'll be ready for FPWD by TPAC, but
it is possible, imo.

Also possible from APA before TPAC would be an FPWD of a W3C Maturity
Model supporting accessibility in web content and associated
technologies. This document moved from AGWG to APA earlier this year and
is currently being migrated from a Google Doc into an html based github
repository document. We'll see how that comes along, but I think there's
a good chance to get this one out by September as well.

That's my list at the moment. I'm regularly reminding all the relevant
Task Force groups of the importance of crafting compelling messaging
along with the publication ready documents themselves.

Best,

Janina

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)