Media Resource updates - AG review needed

From: Sharron Rush <srush@knowbility.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:34:33 -0600
To: AGWG Chairs <group-ag-chairs@w3.org>, WAI Coordination Call <public-wai-cc@w3.org>
Cc: EOWG Chairs <group-eo-chairs@w3.org>
 Greetings AG Chairs and WAI Coordination folks,

I hope, despite madness in the US, that your year is off to a good start.

EOWG has been updating the "media resource" with Shawn as lead editor.
        Making Audio and Video Media Accessible
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/media/av/

Changelog:
        https://www.w3.org/WAI/media/av/changelog/

We plan to make a few more updates over the next week [1], and then do
another promotional campaign around it.

*AG review needed*: We particularly need AG approval of two edits directly
related to WCAG requirements:
1. https://github.com/w3c/wai-media-guide/issues/153 (better specificity on
what is required for Level A and for Level AA)
2. https://github.com/w3c/wai-media-guide/issues/125 (video-only
requirement at Level A)

We would be comfortable with a few +1s from AG folks who know Guideline 1.2
well, and don't need a formal survey or CfC, assuming that's not a priority
for you.

As always, we welcome input on any of the rest of the resource, too.

Thanks,
~ Sharron, Brent, and Shawn

[1] updates coming:
* https://github.com/w3c/wai-media-guide/pull/157
* at some point, we'll get to addressing some other (not high priority)
issues: https://github.com/w3c/wai-media-guide/issues

--

Sharron Rush | Executive Director

Knowbility.org: to create a more inclusive digital world for all abilities

(office) 512.527.3138 x 104