W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wai-cc@w3.org > January 2020

Minutes of WAI-CC meeting of 29 January 2020

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:30:00 -0500
To: WAI Coordination Call <public-wai-cc@w3.org>
Message-ID: <f0707c3d-1158-3a6a-04d1-02dd6c6d0d54@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes: https://www.w3.org/2020/01/29-waicc-minutes.html

Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                   WAI Coordination Call Teleconference

29 Jan 2020

Attendees

    Present
           Joanmarie_Diggs, shawn, CharlesL, janina

    Regrets
           Kerscher, SteveLee, Katie, Joshue

    Chair
           Judy Brewer

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]Scribe, rrsagent, agenda, next meeting date,
             pre-confirm any infoshares?
          2. [4]Upcoming announcements & publications,
             connections/disconnects?
             https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts
             #List_of_Upcoming_Announcements
          3. [5]W3Cx Introduction to Web Accessibility on W3Cx MOOC
             platform
          4. [6]Follow up discussion on Personalization work and
             WCAG 2.2 work
          5. [7]Silver name
          6. [8]Do we know of people who aplied to upcoming W3C
             workshop on Web and Machine Learning?
          7. [9]Inclusive Design and Immersive Web Workshop
             follow-up
          8. [10]RQTF user case/user scenario work, especially with
             regard to XR and RTC
          9. [11]Next W3C CG id'd by APA WG that is in need of a
             Community Group liaison?
         10. [12]CSUN meeting plans -- any pending questions?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      * [14]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <Judy> trackbot, start meeting

    <trackbot> Meeting: WAI Coordination Call Teleconference

    <Judy> [15]https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/8238

      [15] https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/8238

Scribe, rrsagent, agenda, next meeting date, pre-confirm any
infoshares?

    Next meeting Feb 12

    <shawn> regrets for 12 Feb

    JB: Infoshare for other groups, or highlight participation
    opportunity? Any requests?

Upcoming announcements & publications, connections/disconnects?
[16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts#List_of_Up
coming_Announcements

      [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/cc/wiki/WAI_Announcement_Drafts#List_of_Upcoming_Announcements

    JB: Are there upcoming publications or announcements?

    SLH: There is a flurry of activity for advance notice.
    ... Shawn is off for two weeks
    ... what can we do this week? What can wait until Feb 18, or
    what will be done without me?

    MC: ARIA FPWD doesn't have an estimated date. It hasn't been
    prepped yet. Same with WCAG 2.2

    JB: JOanie, Michael, when will you know the date?

    MC: We need to do a CFC to publish. Otherwise we are ready for
    1.3

    Joanie: We need to talk more.

    SLH: Pronunciation explainer

    Janina: It will be ready when you get back after the 18th. JAWS
    will be implementing the Explainer and we would love to have it
    out by CSUN,

    SLH: I've moved it to the 18th.
    ... The Personalization Requirements is supposed to go out
    tomorrow.

    JB: There are questions from RQ about limitations of ReSpec.
    PLH says there are ways of manually overriding ReSpec.

    Janina: We need to know how to fix issues with Respec and
    Pubrules

    SLH: XAUR?

    Janina: @@

    JB: It needs to have the status section fixed.

    MC: That will be fixed automatically when it goes to TR.

    s/@@ next Tuesday

    Janina: Use cases for WebRTC will be after February 18

    MC: We need to modify the name to make it consistent with other
    names.

    Janina: The Personalization Explainer is already out.
    ... Pronunciation has a Use Cases and Gap Analysis. We need to
    show CSS isn't meeting some needs.

    MC: Is the COnformance Challenges document coming soon?

    Janina: We need to bring it back up to the AGWG chairs.

W3Cx Introduction to Web Accessibility on W3Cx MOOC platform

    JB: This is layered on top of the EdX platform. It went live
    yesterday.
    ... there are still accessibility issues with the platform.
    ... if you know of anyone with questions about that, let us
    know
    ... we will be looking for help promoting the course.

    SLH: THe place to point people is the blog post.
    ... as soon as EdX gets their ducks in a row, we will be
    promoting it.

    JB: This will be offered as a free course.

    <shawn> point people to blog post
    [17]https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/12/free-online-course-introduc
    tion-to-web-accessibility/

      [17] https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/12/free-online-course-introduction-to-web-accessibility/

    JB: There is a certificate mode that isn't free. It is a
    certification of completing the course, not a certification of
    competence.

Follow up discussion on Personalization work and WCAG 2.2 work

    JB: Of things tha came out of our last call, there seemed to be
    a disconnect between what was incoming for 2.2.

    Janina: The requirement came out of COGA, and Rachael was
    taking lead on that.
    ... what we understand from Rachael is that her estimate was
    50/50 whether they would make it into 2.2.

    JB: THere are questions with relevance and fit with
    architecture and also concerns with maturity.

    Janina: I think we are on top of it. Michael and I have
    identified technical items for the next time as Personalization
    meets. The right people are talking, but we may need to
    socialize it more in AGWG.

Silver name

    JB: Jeanne asked if there was update on the status on that.
    ... there is a team-side meeting on Friday about this to get
    communications input.

    MC: Discussion with the chairs tomorrow
    ... team side discussion Friday
    ... possibly to go to AGWG on Tuesday
    ... update the facilitators on Monday

    JB: THere were formal objections about the name, and I will
    inform the objectors. They will need to follow up in AGWG.
    ... we want a short list of fallback, could-survive-with,
    alternatives.

    Jeanne: What is the plan and schedule for widely socializing
    the name?

    JB: I remember we wanted to do that, but I'm not sure it is
    realistic right now.

    <Judy> [JB would like that to still be realistic]

    JB: what is the date>

    Jeanne: Planning for 27 February, might slip a week, but needs
    to be done before CSUN.

    tzviya: What was the objection?

    JB: THere was an objection to using the name "Silver". Also
    there was formal objection that the names exceeeded the scope
    of web.

    Tzviya: I assume they had a definition of "The Web".

    JB: We weren't able to clarify a definition.

    Tzviya: SOme of us are working on this in the AB. I would be
    happy to have a conversation with anyone about that.

    <shawn> [ Shawn is interested in Tzviya's input, too! ]

    Tzviya: If anyone wants to schedule time with me.

    SLH: I think there are a lot of people interested in the answer
    to this.

    Tzviya: We are just starting. We are looking at the history of
    WG, and history of TR. We are doing interviews.

Do we know of people who aplied to upcoming W3C workshop on Web and
Machine Learning?

    JB: I had announced this two meetings ago. One meeting ago, I
    pointed to the workshop announcements.
    ... it's important to get people who are knowledgable about
    this field.
    ... there was a suggestion at the last meeting but I didn't
    hear of any followup.

    Janina: I'm considering

    JB: Let's make sure we have some coverage, then we can add to
    it.
    ... if we don't get involved, we will be locked out of that
    work for 3 years.

    Janaina: Josh is attending. I will go if I can cover the cost.

Inclusive Design and Immersive Web Workshop follow-up

    JB: This has changed since yesterday. There was a follow up
    workshop report for work going forward.
    ... Dom will confirm in a meeting tomorrow, where there will be
    a common repository for status update and synchronization.
    There would be people talking together every quarter.
    ... the plan is to coordinate work across a dozen different
    bodies across W3C.
    ... it's a different way of using Github
    ... there was a lot of interest in engaging with W3C and follow
    up at the Immersive Web workshop.
    ... some were accessibility groups, others where there was no
    normally no accessibility work. THere was concerned about silo
    work if there was not on-going coordination.
    ... the idea was to use Github as a way to coordinate, given
    that some of the groups don't work via audio meetings

RQTF user case/user scenario work, especially with regard to XR and
RTC

Next W3C CG id'd by APA WG that is in need of a Community Group
liaison?

    Janina: We put Roy's name on it, but I'm not sure if that's the
    right representation.

    JB: Roy has been active in the group. He is off for holiday. I
    think he's a great assignment, consider it done.

CSUN meeting plans -- any pending questions?

    JB: Is anyone stuck?

    [crickets]

    JB: Any other business or informal updates?

    [crickets]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 29 January 2020 20:30:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 29 January 2020 20:30:05 UTC