Re: WAI Coordination Call, 30 August 2017: Agenda

Charles, All:

chaals is Chaals McCathie Nevile writes:
> Regrets.
>
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 07:36:05 +0200, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > agenda+ Check status of any cross-group document reviews?
>
> There was an APA review of the Push API which requested comments be added
> that really address the Notification API, and the editors suggested that was
> out of scope for the Push spec. I agree, and I believe this will be
> discussed at APA shortly before the coordination meeting, but this is FYI.

Indeed, we will discuss in APA, and it may be helpful to bring the
discussion to WAICC today as well.

Please know that I'm concerned we're not being heard, e.g. the response
rationale posted on github misunderstands what we are preparing for the
Notifications API -- a non W3C spec.

The informative Accessibility Impact section we requested for the Push
API will NOT be submitted to Notifications API. Rather, we have a
normative filing pending:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Aug/0018.html

It is not filed only because we believe it should include API code
similar to that provided in the specification for other Notification
functions.

> Web Platform has taken up the Intersection Observer API, which
>
> "...can be used to understand the visibility and position of DOM elements
> ("targets") relative to a containing element or to the top-level viewport
> ("root"). The position is delivered asynchronously and is useful for
> understanding the visibility of elements and implementing pre-loading and
> deferred loading of DOM content."
>
> I presume it is on APA's radar, but if not it should be.

Noted. Thanks for the heads up.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200