Re: EOWG publications next week

Hi, Shawn, All:

Shawn Henry writes:
> Judy & all,
>
> EOWG is planning to publish and announce the following updated documents next week:
>
> * Planning and Managing Web Accessibility <https://www.w3.org/WAI/impl/>
> * Developing Organizational Policies on Web Accessibility <https://www.w3.org/WAI/impl/pol>

This document appropriately talks about policies, staff and procurement, but does
not cover the case where development is contracted out to a third party.
I'm hyper aware of this as a need just now, because that's the situation
I find myself in in my 8500 resident condominium community.

It seems to me we would want to recommend that any contracts signed with
third party developers would clearly specify some level of WCAG
conformance. I've managed to get such a requirement into my community's
strategic plan. However, I've recently learned they forgot to include
any such requirement when letting a contract for a new web site for the
community. I wish WAI docs were backing me up on this a bit more
clearly.

Something you can take up in 2017?

Janina

--