Re: WAI-AGE Task Force - Agenda, Jan 14

It won't be possible for me to attend the reunion this afternoon but here are
my comments :
- demographic grafics are good;
- Slide "Ageing and functionnal impairments" : why not to mention
"Cognitive decline" on this slide ? For me there are 4 types of difficulties
and that is better to present all of them on the same slide and perhaps give
some more explainations on other slides for each of them;
- Slide "Older people are different !" : it would be better to have a title
like "Older people are connected !" (find the right word in english)
And perhaps cite some examples of use of computer and internet for seniors :
communicate with their children by email or skype, look photographs of their
family, online shopping, online holidays destinations searching, online bus
or train timetables searching, ...
- slide "Accessibility requirement" : not enought explicit
  I would prefer :
  * Make text enlargment possible;
  * Use important contrast;
  * Make link legend explicit;
  * ...
- slide "Usability requirement" : same remark
 * Use sans serif fonts, avoid italic, underline and justification;
 * Use consistent layout;
 * ...
Remark : slides are not aide-memoire, they must contain the same information
               as speech. This is the communication principle of efficient
               redundancy.

These are my remarks.
I ask myself if we should not mention such difficulties as
- difficulty to distighuish cliquable elements;
- difficulty to scroll and to use rolling elements;
that are included in "Predictability, consistency and tolerance".

Have a goog meeting !

Isabelle

Le Monday 12 January 2009 18:23:49 Andrew Arch, vous avez écrit :
> Dear Task Force,
>
> As previously advised, we are meeting this Wednesday at the usual time:
>    http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wai-age/teleconf.html#meetings
> Teleconference Bridge:
>    +33.4.89.06.34.99 / +44.117.370.6152 / +1.617.761.6200
> Teleconference code: 9243# (WAGE#)
> IRC: Channel - #waiage; server - irc.w3.org; port - 6665
>
> *Agenda:*
> 1. Slide set introducing WAI-AGE (40 mins)
> Please review the slides [1] prior to the call. For consideration during
> the call, please think about:
>   - impressions regarding the demographics material with the graphs and
> extra countries
>   - impressions on the speakers notes - too much? too little?
>   - anything missing? can we release?
> [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/WAI-AGE/Drafts/slides/overview.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/WAI-AGE/Drafts/slides/cl-waiage-slides.html
>
> 2. Before and After Demo (BAD) site (20 mins)
> Shadi advises that good progress is being made on this deliverable and
> would like to give an update. He will present the new Demo navigation
> [3] and the concept for the annotated pages [4] and seeks general
> feedback on the direction.
> [3] http://ericeggert.net/badtf/index/
> [4] http://www.wienfluss.net/BAD/inbetween/inbetween_after.html
>
> 3. Responding to organisations with inaccessible websites (30 mins)
> A first draft of the document has been prepared [5], and the
> requirements [6] have been updated with feedback from the EOWG
> face-to-face meeting last year. Questions for the teleconference:
>   - first impressions
>   - section by section overview
>   - any samples you are are aware of?
>   - additional resources
> [5] http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/responding/Overview.html
> [6] http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-responding.html
>
> Thank you, Andrew

Isabelle Motte
Coordinatrice du stage multimédia CUD
Biologie - UMDB
Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix
Rue de Bruxelles,61
5000 Namur
081/724386