Re: WAI-AGE - Observations and conclusions

dear group,

Andrew Arch wrote:
> As discussed on Monday, we have been working on wrapping all the recent
> material up into a set of observations and conclusions and a draft of
> this document is now available for your review and discussion:
>   http://www.w3.org/WAI/WAI-AGE/conclude.html

good work. it gives already good overview and conclusions and pretty
clearly arranged.

a few minor notes:

- maybe we should mention that a lot of the recommendations from the
literature cover very specific issues and might be valid also in a more
general scope. eg: "static menus, rather than fly-out / pull-down" -
this is not only valid for navigation systems and it depends very much
on the way of implementation (technique used).

- a major issue we found in our research (on e-commerce platforms) which
might be included:

avoid insuffient in-page structures, cluttered interfaces, missing
visual representation of semantic structures as it confuses a lot of
users. on critical and complex pages (eg. registration, payment) reduce
the interface elements to the necessary minimum to support a
trouble-free interaction.

hope that helps,

regards, michael

--
Michael Stenitzer | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions
www.wienfluss.net | proschkogasse 1/5 | wien06at