Re: Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 7 Oct 7am PDT

Not sure if I will make it. So...

On Wed, 07 Oct 2020 10:53:35 +1100, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> 4.1) Discipline. I think we’re ready with simple text that address
>
> Consolidate discipline-related elements #418
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/418>
> Suspension / Removal for cause #312
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/312>
>
> in
>
> Consolidate discipline-related text #432
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/432>
>
> Are we ready to merge, close the issues?

WfM

> Do we have the D-F follow-on issue requested in 312?

I raised #458

> 4.2) Close with no action?
>
> Maturity Level is a weird term #455
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/455>

+1 close

> 4.3) Easy superseding
>
> Do we need a lighter-weight process for superseding when it's "obvious"?
> #324 <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/324>
>
> Proposed text in the last comment; good enough?

I prefer not to add anything. I won't block consensus, but I will "cast a
vote" against adding this.

> 5.2) Voting process
>
> Clarify the voting process #60
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/60>
>
> Chaals’ comment (last one) has 3 thumbs-up. Time to execute the proposal?

I think so. (Better than the proposer, at any rate)

> 5.3) The rest
>
> There are a number of thorny issues in there that are not converging and
> yet are marked as a priority for this milestone.
>

> The usual closers:
>
> 6) Next meeting. 28th Oct, I think.
>
> Can we meet the 7th Oct?

Presumably you mean 28th. You are asking this on the 7 Oct (where I live)

--
Charles "chaals" Nevile
ConsenSys Lead Standards Architect