Re: Agenda for the Process Call Wednesday 8th January 7am PDT

My understanding was that as of the previous call, the task that CG had assigned itself was to, for this call:

* Review the section 6 refactoring and either report problems with it, or agree to merge.
preview: https://w3c.github.io/w3process/section-6-clean-up/
diff: https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2F&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Fsection-6-clean-up)

-> I very strongly hope that we can adopt the section 6 refactoring, as its whole goal is to make the rest easier.

* Review the everblue branch, and either report problems with it, or agree to merge, with the understanding that a few additional tweaks were still likely to be needed.
preview: https://w3c.github.io/w3process/everblue/
diff against master: https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2F&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Feverblue
diff against refactored section 6: https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Fsection-6-clean-up%2F&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Feverblue%2F

-> I know we'll have to do some further tweaking once the patent policy stabilizes, that closing the remaining open issues will likely involve some further changes, and that we may find a couple more as we wrap things up. Even then, I think we should be getting to the point where we give a green light to merge, hopefully this call or next call at the latest, and to get the remaining specific concerns filed as individual issues. Although I wish more people had been involved, it has already received substantial detailed feedback, and iterations based on that feedback. At this stage, we need to be wrapping up and finalizing the more subtle points, and we need to be past the general question of whether we like the general idea or not.

With that out of the way, we can focus our energy on things remaining issues: https://github.com/w3c/w3process/labels/Everblue%2Fteal

—Florian