Re: Evergreen Formal Objection handling (ESFO)

On 3/20/19 9:24 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> It sounds like you are already getting everything you need from the REC process, which is great.
> There's no requirement to move away from that process if it works for your group.

We're not. Maintaining REC documents is so onerous that we have not
maintained CSS2, and it is notably out of date at the moment.

> The problem is that there are situations where the process (transitioning to new maturity levels,
> but even just the group-resolution-to-publish requirement) *is* onerous.

Groups are allowed to have an "evergreen" group-resolution-to-publish,
and many do.

> The whole point of ES is to have one source of truth, not "look here for the current REC, but over here if you want to track
> current work."

"Current work" in that model is a bunch of unmerged pull-requests,
so actually you still have to look in two places.

~fantasai