Re: Evergreen Formal Objection handling (ESFO)

On 3/18/2019 10:17 AM, Nigel Megitt wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Already done at https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/79#issuecomment-473471203 para 6 (not counting quoted paragraphs).
>
> The affected text is in §6.11 of https://www.w3.org/2019/03/Evergreen.html where the note following the requirement to document consensus of the WG seemingly goes out on a limb regarding WG process in a way that does not seem to be justified by anything else in the document.
>
> The 1st bullet itself "must document the consensus of the Working Group," is redundant since the first bullet in https://www.w3.org/2019/Process-20190301/#transition-reqs is already "must record the group's decision to request advancement." The two statements seem to mean the same thing, or if not, I'd like an explanation please!
 >
> The proposal is to remove the first bullet and the note, and, if anyone thinks it unclear, clarify that republishing an ER happens as a result of a Transition Request and therefore is preceded by a request to "advance a specification to a new maturity level other than Note". In other words, ER(n) -> ER(n+1) is an advancement to a new maturity level.

Asking the Group to request a publication means that someone has to
approve the request, which we're trying to avoid. Transition requests
don't exist on the ER track thus there is no "request for advancement".
This removes the Director from getting involved in those publications.

In the proposal, I did split those general requirements to differentiate
the general requirements between ER and REC tracks.
Consequently, all requirements in
https://www.w3.org/2019/03/Evergreen.html#transition-reqs-rec-track
aren't applicable to ER. It's not perfect however, since this request
reappears in 6.11.1 ERS but doesn't say who gets the request...

Philippe