Re: Evergreen Formal Objection handling (ESFO)

I'd suggest that you merely do regular CFCs for snapshots, then, and the
snapshot is the last-known-good-consensus.  In practice, however, this will
be needless process, and everyone will continue to point to the WDs/EDs as
the source of truth.

The W3C may not confer "status" to WDs, but the reality is that the ongoing
"ED" of living standards is intended to always represent consensus.   We
have tools (like proposals and PR reviews) to ensure that we no longer need
to slam in features prior to agreement.  I'm happy for there to be a
mechanism to retroactively object, but this not ever happen.  (Similar to
FOs typically happening at the outside-the-WG level, not from a WG member
during the CFC just prior to publication.)