Re: DRAFT agenda for the regular Process Call Wednesday 12th June 7am PDT

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 7:29, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>
> 2) We need to make progress on Registries. Please review the Wiki text at
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Repositories#Recommendation <https://www.w3.org/wiki/Repositories#Recommendation>>
> and its supporting issue
> <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/168 <https://github.com/w3c/w3process/issues/168>>
>
> I would like consensus to take this
>   a) into Process-text drafting

Based on this (as well as the similar https://www.w3.org/wiki/Maintainable_Standards#Registries), Elika and I (mostly Elika) have drafted possible Process-text to implement registries, using today's process as the starting point.

The changes largely fall into two categories:
* Defining what a registry, and a change to a registry, are. This is agnostic to the existing REC Track vs evergreen vs any other track we may eventually design.
* minimal tweaks to the REC track to allow for registry updates without triggering transition calls or other overhead-heavy process

You can preview the document with the changes incorporated here:
https://w3c.github.io/w3process/registries/

Or in diff form here:
https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2F&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fw3process%2Fregistries

The changes are in:
* 6.2.5 on classes of changes
* 6.3 which defines registries
* 6.5.1 for no-overhead revisions to a CR for registry updates
* 6.6 for allowing PR without implementation of all entries in a registry
* 6.8.2.3 for allowing  no-overhead revisions to a REC for registry updates

We hope that concrete text will make discussion during the call easier.

—Florian